Fuseboard upgrades are required for various reasons, they may be the following:
- The existing Fusebox is fully loaded and more outgoing ways are required
- New consumer units offer easier resetting of devices in the event of a fault. Fuse wire is no longer needed
- New consumer units offer greater protection with the inclusion of RCDs
- Old fuseboxes with a wooden back no longer comply with current regulations
- A selection of fuseboxes have been added to in a random fashion over the years
Consumer unit changes usually take a day to complete, and include:
- A brand new consumer unit from a top quality manufacturer (generally MK or Wylex)
- Correctly labeled with each circuit description.
- A complete test of the existing electrical system
- Upgrades to the earthing and bonding arrangements to meet current regulations.
- An Electrical Installation Certificate covering the work done including a technical schedule of all the circuits